Why Attendance is Important
- Knowing your student is safe at school.
- Attending school every day allows a deeper understanding of classroom content and materials.
- Attending school every day creates a healthier local community.
- Students will be prepared for college, trade schools, and/or working for a local business after graduating.
- Research shows there is a significant positive relationship between student attendance and student achievement.
- SRCHS & our District Office is paid by the state for the daily attendance of your student.
If Your Student is/will be Absent (full or partial day)
This is a convenient way to track student attendance as well as academic progress. It can be found by clicking this link or at the front of our website. Questions regarding attendance can be directed to (707) 825-2428.
Short Term Independent Study
If you know that your student will be absent for more than 3 days, fill out the Short Term Independent Study Request. This is available for students for no more than 14 days in the school year.
Types of Absences
**Please note that the State of California determines if a reason is deemed "excused" or "unexcused."
Excused Absences (EA)
- Illness/Sickness (A doctor’s note is required for excess of three days.)
- Mental Wellness (Evaluation from a medical professional must occur for excess of three days.)
- Medical Appointment
- Funeral of Immediate Family Member
- Jury Duty/Court Appearance
- Observance of Religious Holiday
- Religious Retreat (limit 4 hours per semester)
Unexcused Absences (UA)
Uncleared Absences (UC)