If Your Student is Absent
- Please call the office the day of the absence at (707) 825-2428.
- Send a written note from parent/guardian with the student upon return.
- Your cooperation in clearing absences in a timely manner is appreciated.
- If you need to pick up your student for any reason, please call the office to get an off campus. Leaving without an off campus will result in a CUT and disciplinary action will be taken.
Distance Learning Codes
- DL: "Distance Learning, Participating" - Student was present in class.
- DN: "Distance Not Participating" - Student was absent from class and their absence has not been cleared by a parent or guardian.
- DE: "Distance Learning, Absence Excused" - Student was absent from class and a parent or guardian cleared the absence with an excusable reason (see below).
- DU: "Distance Learning, Absence Unexcused" - Student was absent from class and a parent or guardian cleared the absence with an unexcused reason (see below).
In Person Learning
Synergy ParentVUE System
This is a convenient way to track student attendance as well as academic progress. It can be found by clicking this link. Questions regarding attendance can be directed to (707) 825-2428.
Why Attendance is Important
- Knowing your child is safe at school.
- Attending school every day allows a deeper understanding of classroom content and materials.
- Attending school every day creates a healthier local community.
- Students will be prepared for college, trade schools and/or working for a local business after graduating.
- Research shows there is a significant positive relationship between student attendance and student achievement.
- SRCHS/District Office is paid by the state for the daily attendance of your student.
Short Term Independent Study
If you know in advance that you will be absent for a significant period of time, please contact the office to get approval and discuss the option of Short Term Independent Study.
Types/Examples of Absences
Excused Absences (EA) or Distance Excused (DE)
- Illness/Sick- a doctor’s note is required for excess of three days
- Medical Appointment with verification from the doctor/office
- Jury duty/Court appearance
- Observance of religious holiday
- Religious retreat (limit 4 hours per semester)
Unexcused Absences (UA) or Distance Unexcused (DU)
- These are absences which parents have approved but do not meet the state criteria for an excused absence. Teachers are not required to provide missed work/assignments to students with an unexcused absence. Students with 20 unexcused absences per semester may be given a failing grade and receive credit for the class.
Uncleared Absences (UC) or Distance Not Participating (DN)
- When the parent/guardian fails to clear (phone call/note) the student’s absence. Teachers are not required to provide missed work/assignments for uncleared absences.
- A cut is an absence from class for more than 10 minutes without a valid excuse. When a student does not attend their scheduled class or leaves campus without prior permission will receive a cut for every period missed and disciplinary action will be taken.
Off Campus Permit/Pass
For the safety of your student, no student is permitted to leave campus without first receiving an off-campus permit from the office. This also includes the lunch period if the student does not return for 5th period. Students who fail to receive an Off Campus Permit/Pass prior to leaving campus will receive a cut and disciplinary action to follow.