Why Attendance is Important
- Knowing your child is safe at school.
- Attending school every day allows a deeper understanding of classroom content and materials.
- Attending school every day creates a healthier local community.
- Students will be prepared for college, trade schools, and/or working for a local business after graduating.
- Research shows there is a significant positive relationship between student attendance and student achievement.
- SRCHS & our District Office is paid by the state for the daily attendance of your student.
If Your Child is Absent
- Please call the office the day of the absence at (707) 825-2428.
- Send a written note from parent/guardian with the student upon return.
This is a convenient way to track student attendance as well as academic progress. It can be found by clicking this link or at the front of our website. Questions regarding attendance can be directed to (707) 825-2428.
Short Term Independent Study
If you know in advance that you will be absent for a significant period of time, please contact the office to get approval and discuss the option of Short Term Independent Study. This is eligible for students who will be gone more than 3 days and up to 3 weeks.
Types of Absences
**Please note that the State of California determines if a reason is deemed "excused" or "unexcused."
Excused Absences (EA)
- Illness/Sick- a doctor’s note is required for excess of three days
- Medical Appointment with verification from the doctor or office
- Jury duty/Court appearance
- Observance of religious holiday
- Religious retreat (limit 4 hours per semester)
Unexcused Absences (UA)
Uncleared Absences (UC)
Off Campus Pass
For the safety of your student, no student is permitted to leave campus without first receiving an off-campus permit from the office. Students who fail to receive an Off Campus Pass prior to leaving campus will receive a cut and disciplinary action to follow.
Students are to come to the office for a tardy slip if they are late to any of their classes.