Student Support Services at Six Rivers Charter High School
Crisis Counselor supports students who are in crisis and/or struggling with drug and alcohol problems. She can be reached by email at [email protected] or (707) 825-2400 ext. 24039
Policy to see Mrs. Klima during school hours if it is an emergency:
1. First, go to class on time.
2. Ask your teacher to call Mrs. Klima to see you if she is available.
3. If Mrs. Klima is NOT available, the teacher can contact the office.
4. If she is available, your teacher will send you to Mrs. Klima with a hall pass.
5. After working with Mrs. Klima, make sure she signs your pass to send you back to class
6. If this is a non-emergency, use the counselor QR code sign-up sheet.
Arcata High's Social Worker acts as the Site Liaison for students who are unhoused and/or in foster care. She also provides individual and group support to students related to school success, attendance, peer relationships, mental health, and crisis situations. Do you need assistance accessing basic needs such as housing, clothing, and food? Contact Ms. Watts! She can be reached by email at [email protected] or (707) 825-2400 ext. 24027.
Who are School Social Workers and what do they do?
"School Social Workers are trained mental health professionals who can assist with mental health concerns, behavioral concerns, positive behavioral support, academic, and classroom support, consultation with teachers, parents, and administrators as well as provide individual and group counseling/therapy" (https://www.sswaa.org/school-social-work).